Saturday, July 3, 2010

The start of taking it back - my health

Health is somthing that seems to have gotten away from us. We forgot that it was there and that it needed to be tended to... or else.

Well, that 'else' is happening. We as a people are becoming so unhealthy that we may be forstering the a next generation who is expected to live FEWER years then ourselves. Ouch! Though health is a huge focus in our country we seem to have some twisted view of what it is. We have ads, commershals, television programs, websites and even whole television channels devoed to health - why arn't we all fit, trim and glowing? Answer: Much more then I could explain in one entry! 

I am going to start with myself, yes, I, Thomas J Hays am standing up and taking my health back. I will be creating my own health care reform - and it starts today. 



A definition of Health: 
Looking to be glowing, thriving, and free of excess weight. 
Feeling a overall sense of being whole, being full of energy, and free of stress.
Being free of disease both mentally and physically, lacking no good thing, and well.... being Healthy. 

As you can see Health is more then just how one looks... it's a whole effect of a healthy lifestyle.


My goals: 
1. Gain a understanding and appreciation for Health in all it's forms.
2. Become healthy by the above definition.
3. Show others through my example that they too can be healthy.


This blog will have two purposes. First I will journal my journey to health, and second to share information, thoughts, connections and any other good thing that I find pertaining to health. 


Enjoy and Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment